Saturday, July 07, 2007

Saturday

Dh and little J are out at baseball practice I know thrilling I am still in pj's. I watched the movie mean girls with my children oh my I would not go back to high school for a million dollars children are so mean. Life this summer has been fun. My children are old enough to make food, clean up and just need me for driving. Next summer oldest M will be close to driving can we say scary.

Our family is struggling with going to church lately. Being catholic we find it hard with sports and laziness to be able to make it on time. I went alone last week due to the fact I was sick of my families excuses which were tired, not right now and I need to shower? So I went alone and it was fantastic.

I did not have religion in my life growing up. I always though someone had to pray for me since God did not know who I was. I find it funny when my friends who do not attend church call me and ask me to pray like they can't. Like God only hears those who pay money and attend on Sunday.

I will say this I am far from perfect. Not even close to being a good christen I swear like a sailor and can gossip like a fend. But I feel God still wants me in his life. He still See's the good in me and wants me to do better to be better. I know for some Christians this will be hard to handle they will think I am a big sinner, but you know what I have done it both ways tried to be the clean, crisp church woman and the sailor mouth gossip queen and you know what I like my self better with all my flaws. I can sleep better knowing this is the true me. I am not trying to be a phony. OK off the soap box. peace

No comments: